Canberra prisoner prompts secrecy debate

Canberra prisoner prompts secrecy debate

Posted

It is the latest example of the growing concern about the secrecy of state prisons and the lack of transparency surroun카지노ding a program that was previously only accessible through the InterSM 카지노net.

Key points The ABC’s Peter Robinson has been at the Royal Military Hospital since 2008

Many of the inmates who make the most serious샌즈 카지노 decisions about their lives are sentenced to the maximum penalty

Only the public is allowed to access the program through the public inquiry

This program involved patients who did not go through the usual prison process

Topics: prisoners-and-punishment, law-crime-and-justice, states-and-territories, australia

Related posts

No Comments

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Canberra prisoner prompts secrecy debate

Canberra prisoner prompts secrecy debate; Greens critic calls inquiry’stupid’

Updated

A member of the Australian Greens has called for an inquiry into whether the Australian Federal Police (AFP) is using the secrecy provisions o카지노f the Privacy Act to shield secret police operations from Parliament.

Senator Scott Ludlam, the Greens’ national committee member in the Senate, said he wanted a Senate independent inquiry into the AFP’s operations.

“This is the first time in this country that we are talking about it — and there are many questions as to whether the law was working properly,” he said.

“What was the justification for taking this step? Why did AFP not tell parliament? Why should the Australian public understand the reasons behind what they’re doing?

“That really is the big question.”

HoSM 카지노wever, Mr Ludlam said there was no need for the government to disclose the reason for the surveillance.

“I think there’s a legal obligation and it should also be done within the law in order to protect the right to freedom of information, and as we know, we don’t always know why an activity takes place and in that way we should at least share the information about why the conduct took place,” he said.

A spokeswoman for the AFP denied the agency was hiding illegal activity.

“AFP does not engage in 샌즈 카지노or condone any illegal activities, and we operate in accordance with the legislation that sets out the conduct in which we operate.

“The secrecy of any activities undertaken or operations carried out under Part 18, section 3 of the Privacy Act allows us to protect the conduct in which we operate.

“To the extent there are matters for which further detail is required, we would be advised when appropriate in accordance with the relevant legislation.”

‘We need to see a whole lot of transparency’

Topics: justice-and-prosecution, courts-and-trials, terrorism, law-crime-and-justice, adelaide-5000, sa, australia, nsw

First posted

Related posts

No Comments

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Canberra prisoner prompts secrecy debate

Canberra prisoner prompts secrecy debate

Updated

Australian federal Police (AFP) officers were not informed of an investigatio속초출장샵n into an alleged sexual assault of a man by fellow prisoners at the Royal North Shore prison, an inquest has heard.

About 50 male prisoners were assaulted during one incident in May 2015.

The AP is investigating.

Justice Alan크레이지 슬롯 Hughes ruled an AP investigation was needed because there had not been a criminal conviction더나인카지노.

“There are two aspects to this case,” former Coroner Paul McHugh told the court.

“The first is how the AFP could potentially fail to comply with their duty to inform the community and the second is whether this breach of that duty was a breach of the AP’s own rules of practice.”

The inquest is held in connection with a wrongful conviction matter relating to the case.

The inquiry into Mr Browne was held on Monday.

Topics: courts-and-trials, law-crime-and-justice, brisbane-4000, qld, australia

First posted

Related posts

No Comments

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Canberra prisoner prompts secrecy debate

Canberra prisoner prompts secrecy debate

Updated

Former Canberra inmate Peter Hine’s claim that he was mistreated by fellow inmates at the NSW penitentiary during a time of mental illness is a matter of controversy, writes Scott Sheehan.

Mr Hine was diagnosed with a severe form of schizophrenia when he was just 17.

He said some of the worst mistreatment was during his time at the Penitentiary, including being locked in a room with men who beat him with wooden sticks and forcing him to eat the ashes of rats.

In a court appearance last year, Mr Hine testified that he was not given the choice of which prison he served in.

“After seven or eight years, in 1996, they got me out of the penitentiary and sent me out as a new prisoner. I w카지노as at that time going to the Federal Detention Centre,” he told the court.

“I took a small walk, but nothing like to get into people’s heads and try to tell them they’re wrong and make them take it off their hands and take it off the whole world.”

Mr Hine was moved from his home inSM 카지노 Westmead to the Penitentiary in 1995, but the two never spoke again, despite the fact Mr Hine was living alone in the penitentiary on a remand basis until early 2006.

When his release from the penitentiary was proposed in September 2005, Mr Hine’s lawyer told the court that Mr Hine was in a healthy and functioning state pr샌즈 카지노ior to his arrival, with mental health support.

Mr Hine also testified at the hearing that several years before his arrival, he had “struggled and tried” to escape from the prison with a friend.

“That’s how they took me. They took me in and didn’t let me get out. That’s what I experienced,” he said in relation to the time Mr Hine spent in a cell with inmates.

Mr Hine’s father died when Mr Hine was 15 and he was forced to leave home.

“So for six years, I just kept fighting to get out of here,” he said.

During the course of his evidence, the 26-year-old said he was a victim of sexual assault while in detention, but there was no evidence he was subjected to such abuse prior to the day of the incident.

The court heard the day after the assault occurred, a member of staff alerted guards about Mr Hin

Related posts

No Comments

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.

WordPress Themes